Sunday, November 23, 2014

Origami Creations - World Origami Days 2014

I have supported the World Origami Days (WOD) celebration for 2014.  This is the time of year from October 24 to November 11 that we get to have the chance to spread the joy of paperfolding worldwide. 

For a brief of history ... October 24 is actually the birthday of Lillian Oppenheimer (1898-1192), founder of the first origami group in America.  She was also one of the founders of the British Origami Society and Origami USA.  While November 11 is Origami Day in Japan where the paper crane has become a symbol of peace.  Thus, it has been agreed to have the 2 1/2 weeks of celebration.

For this year, I have folded and posted the following in the WOD FB page of the Japan Origami Academic Society (JOAS).  A fun way to promote my origamist friends as well as my favorite origami models.

Enjoy!







Following two (2) folds I have prepared but missed to post before the deadline.  I loved them too so I am posting it here.




Have a nice day!

- 0 -


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect