Friday, May 20, 2016

Origami Creations - Challenging Origami Bird Folds

I always encounter difficulty when folding intermediate model of origami birds due to its tedious pleating of the wings and tail as well as forming the claws.  These parts require accuracy to get the perfect appearance.  Other than this, you must have bigger and good paper.

Here are my latest bird folds plainly using Kami.


Mockingbird don't fly away
The first one is the Mockingbird by the famous Roman Diaz.  It needs some shaping to achieve an even better result.  Diagram for this model can be found in his book Origami Essence.

White Eye Birdie
The second one is the challenging Japanese White-Eyed bird by the great Satoshi Kamiya.  This one is a cool model with its bottom closed.

My bird folding needs more practice and I really need to consider getting good paper for better results.

Well, that is something I can look forward to!

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect