Friday, February 28, 2014

Origami Creations - Greek Soccer Ball

I came upon a book titled "Extreme Origami" by Kunihiko Kasahara and was immediately attracted to a simple circular model made of strips of paper.

The model is called Greek Soccer Ball.  It is a traditional ball originated in ancient Greece and was made using soy bean vines.  The ball was previously used to play a tough game similar to handball.


Let's play ball


A joy to make with a bonus challenge to weave the strips into place.  You need a total of 6 strips and some clips to make this wonderful piece.  I have created a short video here to show you what I mean ....






To further challenge yourself, you may make this ball using 10 (dodecahedron) and 12 (icosahedron) strips.  For me, so satisfied with my 6 piece soccer ball.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

- 0 -


More info here:

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect