Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Origami Creations - Cool Flowers from a Hexagon and a Pentagon

Origami designs using paper size other than the square has been increasingly used in the past 5 years or so.  For my case, I am very quite the traditionalist and have not moved on to even other geometric shapes.

There are two (2) models which have impressed me a lot with one using a hexagon (6 points) and the other one is a pentagon (5 points).

Here they are ...

Hexagonly beautiful
This is the very pretty snowflake flower (Flor de Seis Petalos) by David Martinez.  The photo above speaks for itself.   You may also try to making it using the video below:



Next one is the Sakura Star by Ali Bahmani.  A shape shifter of a model which is fun to play with.

Pentagon beauty
Below is the video link for the sakura star ...


I had a great time making this pieces and I hope you can try them too.

Enjoy!

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect