Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Volunteering for the Philippines - Bayanihan Spirit lives on in Aid of Haiyan Victims

Communal "bayanihan" work lives on in Hong Kong in support of the people affected in the Philippines by the recent devastation caused by typhoon Hai Yan (Yolanda).  It's a gathering of people to accomplish a task to help individuals or group of individuals without any monetary remuneration.  

I am one of the fortunate few who was able to give assistance loading relief goods donated by local HK residents for air shipment to the Philippines.

Below are some pictures of our noble efforts.







I experienced some muscle aches and strains the next day due to no regular physical exercise but I realize that nothing can replace the inner joy and heart warming pleasure of performing a selfless deed for humanity.   In my heart, I know my family will be returned the favor a hundred times over.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect