Saturday, November 30, 2013

Origami Creations - Origami and Tess Combo: Tessellated Owl

I have wrote about my Hydrangea tessellation work and have decided to do other models to learn more  about this technique/skill.  Browsing through the web, I found an origamist who makes models using both origami and tessellation.  Her name is Ms. Beth Johnson.  A very talented and generous person as she freely shares her work and diagrams for others to enjoy.

Looking through her designs, I was attracted to her Hex Owl model and have decided to challenge myself to make one.  This is my finished piece:


Owl looking good perched on our Christmas wreath


As my tessellation experience is minimal, I honestly struggled to fold this model.  Nevertheless, completing it brings me and my family boundless joy and enthusiasm to do more.

It was a wonderful and productive weekend for me and I hope it will be for all of you too.

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect