Friday, December 13, 2013

Origami Creations / Design - Panda Bears (熊貓)

When in Ocean Park - Hongkong, I can never miss to visit the Giant Panda habitat.  As always, they are in their usual selves - munching, lounging and enjoying "La Dolce Vita".  

See for yourself here:


Ying-ying dreaming the Sweet Life :o).


A very famous icon here in China/Hong Kong and much loved and adored by the citizenry.  This animal is uber cute with its round body and distinctive black spots - eyes, ears, arms and legs.  Even more famous globally when the Kung Fu Panda animated movie was made.  

In origami, it is a great challenge to make one because of the color change challenge.  I have tried it myself but I can only make one - a panda book mark which is using a Jo Nakashima base fold.

Here are my panda bookmarks.  


Front, Back, Solo and Bookmark views


True to its distinctive features, the eyes, ears, arms and legs are black ... and I added the bushy tail too!

When I have the chance, I will make a tutorial to share this lovely model too!


Have a great day!

- 0 -


More Info:



No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect