Sunday, December 22, 2013

Origami creations - Tessellation 101

I have seen a lot of beautiful origami tessellation works and just couldn't resist to seriously learn more.  

From my research, the best place to start is from the book of Eric Gjerde (referred to as a great primer on the principles of the most gorgeously abstract discipline in origami-tesselation).  I went about to reserve it at the HK Library and was lucky enough to get it.  





A very interesting and challenging book and allows one to progress slowly from easy projects to the more difficult ones.  A word of caution though, you must be very patient and have a tenacious attitude to complete the projects.  It is not surprising for one to experience discouraging moments but I assure that all your efforts will be well worth it!

Here is the first part of the tessellations works that I have done.




These are all my first folds using copy paper only.  The latest project I was doing was on negative stars and I unfortunately tore the paper from creasing.   I will get me a bigger and good quality paper next time to complete my negative stars.

Hope you've enjoyed my work and have a great christmas week!

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect