Saturday, January 11, 2014

Origami Designs / Creations for the Lunar New Year of the Horse (馬年)

Even before the year 2013 was to end, a new origami competition has been announced for the celebration of the Lunar New Year of the Horse.

Fully recharged and ready for challenges, I set-out to fold my simple horse.  

I usually start from the simple origami bases and work towards coming up with the required body parts - very amateurish.  Then, I do the shaping.  Term commonly used for this creative style is doodling.  It is really a hit or miss thing but the outcome is very rewarding and self-fulfilling.

Here is my simple origami horse.


Gallant Horse - 2 views

I called this my "Gallant Horse" due to its upright posture (chest out and stomach in).  It is headstrong, fearless and ready to face the year 2014!  Not to forget to mention my awesome background "fu" (福) character.   This is the new year's blessing for Prosperity, Success, Wealth, Good Health and Happiness! 

Below is a clearer photo of the final model with hind legs, tail and ears defined.





Another photo of the horse in red kami paper complete with CNY fireworks.




Gallant Horse amid fireworks


For those interested to try and fold my Gallant Horse, you may get the photo diagrams here.

When I have the time, I'll upload a video tutorial and advice you the link on my future post.

Have a Blessed and Happy New Year!!!

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect