Thursday, January 16, 2014

Origami Design / Creations - Origami Wet Folded Horse

The past week, I was exposed to a very interesting origami folding technique of wet-folding.  I have read this style before but never really went to doing it until I saw his simple folds on circular paper as shown in his flickr account here.

Tuan Nguyen Tu called it minimalist art with the use of very few curvy folds and just plainly highlighting relevant structure of the model.  Turns out that every piece can be many things (a shape shifter) depending on where the beholders' eyesight point of reference is.

So, being so pumped up with inspiration, I tried making one from my own horse model and doing the minimalist style (leaving out appendages and shapings).

Here is my work:



 



Really very amateurish but I hope I made up with putting the model in a nice matte frame :o).

I wasn't able to achieve the soft look and gentle curvy lines as I still have solid and strong structures made on my model.  Also, I was only using copy paper so my error creases (a lot of them) can readily be seen.  

Overall, I feel that I have come up with an adorable piece of work (and experience).  Hopefully, my next try will be impressive!

Have a nice day!

- 0 -


More info:

Wet folding Wiki =>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet-folding

Wet folding tutorial=> 
http://www.langorigami.com/paper/wetfolding_papers.php

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect