Monday, March 17, 2014

Paper Creations - Toilet Cardboard Tube Face Sculpture

I was fascinated with toilet cardboard tube sculptures which I have seen from the web lately and decided to give it a try.  The art form is more to wet folding and drying them up with a hair dryer.

The first try was a disaster as I tore open the tube from constant pinching to create face detailing. The second try was a success as I decided for a simpler face.  I called this "the scream" as taken from the famous painting of Mr. Edward Munch.

Here is my interpretation:

A loud scream

I enjoyed the raw texture and emotions reflected by the piece.  My daughter liked it too but suggested that I should try painting some color for more dramatic effect.  Hmmm ... that would be fun!

With the same piece I made another photo which I am calling "The Yawn".  Now that is my original!  

The Yawn

It was great entertainment but too bad I had only saved two tubes.  Well, art has to wait for life!

Have a nice day!

- 0 -

More Info:


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect