Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Beauty of Inkscape Drawing

As I went about starting to learn how to diagram my origami works, I have grown very fond of this free software - Inkscape.  Though it's not that relatively easy to use, the more practice and application of tutorial tricks can get you a long way.





Inkscape is a drawing software which uses SVG (scalable vector graphics) format for its files.  These files are based on XML and can be edited with any text or XML editor.  Besides SVG, it can import and export several other formats (EPS, PNG).  For me, its very useful to save my work in PDF format so to easily share my work.

I am writing this blog to point you to the different areas which would be very useful in learning this software.


This is where you can download the software and do the tutorials under the LEARN tab.


I am very fond of finding the short-cut keys rather than going through the pull down menu or clicking though icons.  Print this and keep it handy.

3.  Origami specific diagramming tutorials/videos.

I recommend this Guide from Neorigami website.

Hope this information will be very helpful.  For samples of inkscape origami drawings, let me route you to my "Diagrams & Tutorials" tab for reference and enjoyment.

Till then.

- 0 - 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect