Saturday, March 8, 2014

Origami Creations - Love for Butterflies (蝴蝶)

Among the insects in origami, the butterfly is the one that I love to fold the most.  Aside from having so many easy models to choose from, it is the most beautiful and an elegant piece.

The butterfly model that I enjoyed folding a lot was from a japanese origamist by the name of Jun Maekawa.  I am very much impressed with his models as their structure is spot on and the folding sequence and measurements are clear.  

Here is my Maekawa butterfly:

Diagrams from Tanteidan 15th Convention Book


Though no color changes are made on the wings, I like its shaping and the inclusion of the head and its antennae. 

Just this past week, I have encountered some unfamiliar japanese origamist and was attracted to the color changes on their butterfly models.  First up, is Mr. Yoshi Tsuda.





Second one is Mr. Tomiyo Fukuyama.




Below is a combined photo of the two butterflies to include my earlier fold from my ori-friend Dimitris Dalas (Dida).  They are all so attracted to my luscious banana for breakfast.





Hope you enjoyed the display of beauties!  Enjoy your weekend!

- 0 -

More info:


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect